Our student LSAMP Bridge Leaders serve as mentors on the WSU campus in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
LSAMP Bridge Leaders help LSAMP Scholars who are WSU incoming freshmen, transfers, and current LSAMP participants by:
- Getting them connected with research opportunities and resources.
- Assisting in the planning and organizing of workshops and events for the LSAMP program.
- Creating a comfortable, diverse community for underrepresented minorities in STEM.
Bridge Leaders are expected to:
- Regularly communicate with first-year and transfer students.
- Co-coordinate LSAMP activities (i.e., conferences, trainings, banquets).
- Participate in weekly trainings (i.e., cultural competencies, professional development).