Division of Academic Engagement and Student Achievement LSAMP: Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
LSAMP STEM Ambassadors
Our student LSAMP STEM Ambassadors serve as leaders on the WSU campus in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
LSAMP STEM Ambassadors help LSAMP Scholars at community colleges and WSU incoming freshmen, transfers, and current LSAMP participants by:
- Getting them connected with research opportunities and resources.
- Assisting in the planning and organizing of workshops and events for the LSAMP program.
- Creating a comfortable, diverse community for underrepresented minorities in STEM.
STEM Ambassadors are expected to:
- Regularly communicate with community college scholars.
- Co-coordinate LSAMP activities (i.e., conferences, trainings, banquets).
- Participate in monthly trainings (i.e., cultural competencies, professional development).
Become an Ambassador
- Leadership Training
- Improve communication and collaboration skills
- Networking with peers and professionals
- Polish skills using various Social Media platforms
- Tailored letters of recommendation
- Increase self-confidence level
- Improve organizational skills
- Semester Stipends
- Must be a full time LSAMP eligible student
- Have a 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Have attended at least two years at WSU (48 credits) or more
- Demonstrate high ethical standards and cultural competency
- Must commit to 2-3 hours a week
- Must communicate and work well with others